If you are headed to this popular resort on vacations chances are you’ll encounter an aggressively friendly man or woman offering you a free meal or a gift, but with the condition to submit to a timeshare pitch. At first sight you will think that there it would be no harm, but this is the way timeshare companies get your attention to sell you a timeshare property, as we can see in:
Avalon is a timeshare company that has sales locations in several places and works under several names like:
- Avalon Grand Cancun
- Avalon Baccara Cancun
- Avalon Reef Isla Mujeres
- Avalon Excalibur Acapulco
- Avalon Grand Panama
Its legal name is Avalon International Resort, S.A. (Panama), Avalon Resorts, Avalon Vacations y Operad. This company also works with a rental company: Vacation Timeshare and Rentals.
Top 10 Complaints about Avalon timeshare
- They said you can use your timeshare week in whichever of their destinations (Acapulco, Cancun, Isla Mujeres or Panama) but it is not true.
- If you don’t use your timeshare week, Avalonasks you for a fee to reinstate it.
- If you call Avalon to reserve a week, you have lots of trouble booking it.
- They promise to rent out the timeshare weeks as a financial investment to pay off the timeshare membership.
- If you already own a timeshare, Avalon promises to resell it.
- The timeshare salespeople use hard selling tactics almost forcing you to buy.
- You are pressured into signing a contract for an Avalon timeshare.
- Timeshare maintenance fees increase every year.
- Also, they charge special assessment fees for the resort expenses.
- Timeshare presentations are very long lasting.
These are just a few of the lots of complaints that abound all around the internet.
How to avoid Avalon timeshare scam
- Do not sign any document at the moment of the timeshare presentation.
- Take the paperwork with you once the timeshare pitch is over and review it very carefully. Make sure that all the verbal promises are in the timeshare agreement.
- If the sales pitch becomes too aggressive leave the room immediately.
- Check the BBB, look for complaints about the company, and if it is possible talk with other owners.
- If you decided to sign, get a copy of the timeshare contract immediately. Do not allow the company to email it later.
What to do if I am already a victim of Avalon timeshare scam
The best thing you can do if you are victim of timeshare scam is to get out of your timeshare contract. There are several solutions to get out of a timeshare, but most of them are very difficult to accomplish. The best solution to get out of a timeshare is by cancelling the original contract. This way you will not have any string attached to the timeshare company.
At Mexican Timeshare Solutions we can help you cancel your timeshare contract with no fees in advance. Our associates are several years experienced and will give you the advice you need. Contact us for a free consultation and prepare to get out of your Avalon timeshare scam.
Information to Share
If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?