Sol Meliá is a huge hotel and resort company from Mexico and is worldwide, with beautifully decorated rooms and nicely manicured grounds with scenic views that are breath-taking. It sounds like a wonderful vacation and it is until you signed on the dotted line.
Taking advantage of the beautiful places they have, Sol Meliá is one of the most fraudulent resorts in the timeshare industry. This timeshare scams are increasing every year, and Meliá is not the only one, there are a lot of scammer resorts in the timeshare matter, as mentioned before in:
Sol Meliá Timeshare has resort sales locations all over Mexico like Cancun, Cozumel, Ixtapa, Los Cabos, Mexico DF, Playa del Carmen and Puerto Vallarta. Its legal name is Operadora Mesol, S.A. de C.V. Sol Meliá & Sol Meliá VC Mexico, S.A de C.V.
The property itself is nice, the food is pretty good. It has everything to make your vacation awesome, but the timeshare is a completely scam.
As we have already known, timeshare scams are increasing fast, and the next, are the most common complaints
- You are approached by the aggressive salesperson offering you “free stuff” to go to a vacation club meeting while on vacation.
- The whole timeshare sales presentation at Sol Meliá timeshare lasts about 4 hours.
- When you tell the timeshare salespeople that you are not interested, they turn onto “hard sell” mode.
- At the sales pitch they promise a lot of things that are not stipulated in the timeshare contract.
- They tell you can exchange your timeshare weeks with RCI for free, but that costs more for booking fees.
- If you already own a timeshare, they promise to sell your old timeshare, but you end up owning two timeshares.
- They promise to rent out the timeshare weeks as a financial investment, but the reality is that timeshare rentals are a scam.
- In the timeshare agreement, it does not protect the Sol Meliá timeshare owner at all.
- When you make a reservation, they request to pay an extra fee per day and per person. Even if you have an all inclusive membership, they say no.
- Timeshare maintenance fees are too high.
What to do if I am a Sol Meliá timeshare scam victim?
If you are stuck with a Sol Meliá timeshare that you no longer want or you feel you were scammed, probably you are looking for a way to get out of this timeshare nightmare.
There are many ways to be relieved of your timeshare, but the best solution is by cancelling your timeshare contract.
Be careful with the timeshare cancellation companies who ask for money upfront, they are just another timeshare scam. At Mexican Timeshare Solutions, we don’t ask for anything upfront, you pay until your timeshare contract is cancelled. MTS is a legitimate company with associates that have many years experience. Contact us for a free consultation, so we can help you rescind of your timeshare.
Information to Share
If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?