How Long Do I Have to Wait to Get a Confirmation on a CANCELLATION of a TIMESHARE Contract?
Schedule your FREE consultation to CANCEL your Timeshare HERE
So you Want to Cancel your Timeshare, why is this so Common?
In the timehsare industry websites, how to cancel my timeshare? must be one of the top questions related to timeshare owners who are tired of paying unnecessary fees every month. We mean unnecessary now that they can´t really enjoy the holidays they were promised by salespeople prior to their timeshare purchase.
One of the many complaints that guide people to terminate a timeshare contract is the denying of their own timeshare unit by the resort. They claim it is not available for the dates owners want to reserve it, when online, it is, and cheaper. This obviously got them furious and disappointed.
Fees, charges and taxes rates get higher over the years, as some others stated, "to the point it is ridiculous paying for a property I make use of only once year" pushing them to think "it is time to cancel my timeshare"
But the next doubt in question surges: "can I legally cancel my timeshare?" since the majority of the timeshare owners bought a property in foreign country, this makes up for a potential scam by salespeople in the industry, which is extremely common in mexican timeshare owners.
How Long do I Have to Wait to Get a Confirmation on a Cancellation of a timeshare Contract?
If you just bought a timeshare and you feel like you were pressured to buy it at the timeshare presentation, then maybe you are wondering how to cancel a timeshare ownership and trying to get rid of your timeshare contract. Read this article and find out how long you have to wait to get a confirmation on a cancellation of a timeshare contract.
Timeshare cancellation should be done as soon as possible. If you don’t feel happy with your purchase, then is time to cancel your timeshare contract.
Most of timeshare owners don’t know that there is a rescission period in every timeshare contract, this period depends on the country where the purchase was made, in Mexico we have 5 business days. If you didn’t know about this, I recommend you to read the next articles:
How long do I have to rescind my timeshare? – Mexican Law
Timeshare Regulations in Mexico
When can you cancel a timeshare contract?
What is Rescinding a Timeshare?
Can I legally cancel my timehsare? you may be asking, the answer is rescinding a timeshare is a way to legally cancel a timeshare contract, sometimes with the possibility to get the money you pay back and with a certain number of days, as we mentioned before, in Mexico, the cancellation period is 5 days.
At the timeshare presentation, some timeshare salespeople ask you sign away your right to cancel but you still have the legal right to cancel your timeshare contract. So now that you are wondering "how to cancel my timeshare?" you clearly have options and rights, even if ypu are in a different country.
Many timeshare purchasers want to cancel their timeshare after the rescission period has expired making the process to terminate a timeshare contract more difficult, but not impossible if you´re desperate and asking yourself how to cancel my timeshare ownership?
How to Cancel a Timeshare Contract?
How to cancel my timeshare? you may follow the next easy steps in order to do so:
1. - Read your timeshare contract very carefully and focus on the clause about the timeshare cancellation.
2. - Write a timeshare cancellation letter and set it to the timeshare resort via certified mail. In the cancellation letter you have to include the following information:
- Your name, exactly the same as it appears in your timeshare contract.
- Your telephone number, your e-mail and your address.
-The name of the timeshare developer.
- The description of your timeshare property.
- The date that you purchase the timeshare and a statement that you are cancelling your timeshare contract.
3. - It is very important that you keep evidence that you cancelled your timeshare on time.
How Long do I Have to Wait to Get a Confirmation on a Cancellation of a Timeshare Contract?
In the process to terminate a timeshare contract usually takes about 15 labor days to get your money back and the timeshare cancellation.
Sometimes, the timeshare owner decides to file a credit card dispute and the refund process may last more than the 15 days. The credit card company will inform the resort that the charge is being disputed on the basis of timeshare fraud, telling them that they have to refund the money during the period of 45 until 60 days.
As you can see, to cancel your timeshare contract that was sold under false promises is a complicated process that requires expertise and knowledge of the timeshare industry. For this matter we will leave you with some advice to avoid scam buying properties in the future.
- If you look up the words "cancel my timeshare" on the internet, never seek for services from a timeshare resale agent. There is an 80% chance they will scam you.
- Be on the alert of salespeople putting you under pressure to sign a contract of being very insistent.
- If you have your timeshare on the resale market, do not trust anybody who claims to sell your timeshare in the same day for a good amount of money.
- Sales people on the resale market are masters of manipulation, they will show you documents that look legit and official at first sight, so you fall for the resale. Don´t be fooled.
- Make sure you know the background of the salesperson. You can check his name on review websites or blogs. A good idea is to know your resort background. You can find information if either they are fraudulent or not.
- If you want to cancel your timeshare ownership, contact the resort you bought it from. They may help pr advise you with selling it and know about the scams happening in the timeshare industry.
Buying a timeshare ownership can be great idea for you and your family to vacation. The dream comes true for people who wish to have their own private space for holidays in a dofferent country, without having to buy the hole property, since they share the fixed costs with the other owners. The rent of one or more hotel rooms is avoided, without having to pay each timeshare the requested rates in the resorts, which are increased every year.
We are not against of the idea of purchasing a timeshare for you and your family´s comfort. We only advise you to be careful since in Mexico it´s really common to fall in corrupt and most of the time, illegal agencies that claim they can offer you help. If you find its time to terminate your timeshare propertu contract, just don´t go ahead sell it to whoever is calling you with a deal that sounds too good to be true, like we advise you before.
The timeshare ownership market has a wide range of sales people who call themselves "timeshare brokers", they are really dedicated to their business and they are willing to do whatever it takes to make money by committing fraud. They can even show you documents, addresses, phones and emails that seem official, as well as pose as the person who is willing o buy your timeshare for a good amount of money and convince you they are a reliable company to do business with, as they attract attention with misleading advertising, as the international travel journal indicates.
The best thing you can do for your economy and your own good is look for companies that are trustworthy and will legally help you to get rid of your timeshare or cancel it.
At Mexican Timeshare Solutions, we specialize in the cancellation of timeshare contracts purchased in Mexico. If your question is "Can I legally cancel my timeshare?" the answer is yes. Our associates have full knowledge of the timeshare industry and we are able to resolve timeshare scam cases. Contact us today for a free consultation and free analysis of your timeshare scam situation.
To receive more information about how long do you have to wait to get a confirmation on a cancellation of a timeshare contract, send a WhatsApp to +52 332 510 7552, fill in the form in the contact section or call us at +1 714 277 3662.
Information to share
If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?
- Followus on Facebook
- Share this link http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/203-how-long-do-i-have-to-wait-to-get-a-confirmation-on-a-cancellation-of-a-timeshare-contract/ on your favorite blogs and forums
To know more about timeshare cancellation, go to:
How to cancel a timeshare after the cancellation period has expired
How to terminate ownership of a timeshare