If you just bought a timeshare and you feel like you were pressured to buy it at the timeshare presentation, then maybe you are trying to get rid of your timeshare contract. Read this article and find out how long you have to wait to get a confirmation on a cancellation of a timeshare contract.
Timeshare cancellation should be done as soon as possible. If you don’t feel happy with your purchase then is time to cancel your timeshare contract.
Most of timeshare owners don’t know that there is a rescission period in every timeshare contract, this period depends on the country where the purchase was made, in Mexico we have 5 business days. If you didn’t know about this, I recommend you to read the next articles:
Rescinding a timeshare is a way to legally cancel a timeshare contract, sometimes with the possibility to get the money you pay back and with a certain number of days, as we mentioned before, in Mexico, the cancellation period is 5 days.
At the timeshare presentation, some timeshare salespeople ask you sign away your right to cancel but you still have the legal right to cancel your timeshare contract.
Many timeshare purchasers want to cancel their timeshare after the rescission period has expired making the timeshare cancellation more difficult, but not impossible.
How to cancel a timeshare contract?
To cancel your timeshare contract, you may follow the next easy steps:
1. - Read your timeshare contract very carefully and focus on the clause about the timeshare cancellation.
2. - Write a timeshare cancellation letter and set it to the timeshare resort via certified mail. In the cancellation letter you have to include the following information:
- Your name, exactly the same as it appears in your timeshare contract.
- Your telephone number, your e-mail and your address.
-The name of the timeshare developer.
- The description of your timeshare property.
- The date that you purchase the timeshare and a statement that you are cancelling your timeshare contract.
3. - It is very important that you keep evidence that you cancelled your timeshare on time.
How long do I have to wait to get a confirmation on a cancellation of a timeshare contract?
In the timeshare contract cancellation process usually takes about 15 labor days to get your money back and the timeshare cancellation.
Sometimes, the timeshare owner decides to file a credit card dispute and the refund process may last more than the 15 days. The credit card company will inform the resort that the charge is being disputed on the basis of timeshare fraud, telling them that they have to refund the money during the period of 45 until 60 days.
As you can see, the cancellation of a timeshare contract that was sold under false promises is a complicated process that requires expertise and knowledge of the timeshare industry.
At Mexican Timeshare Solutions, we specialize in the cancellation of timeshare contracts purchased in Mexico. Our associates have full knowledge of the timeshare industry and we are able to resolve timeshare scam cases. Contact us today for a free consultation and free analysis of your timeshare scam situation.
Information to Share
If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?
- Followus on Google +
- Followus on Twitter
- Followus on Facebook
- Share this link http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/203-how-long-do-i-have-to-wait-to-get-a-confirmation-on-a-cancellation-of-a-timeshare-contract/ on your favorite blogs and forums