The first idea one would have to recover a down payment from a timeshare developer is to dispute the credit card charges. Learn the advantages and disadvantages of making this move.
Helpful or just another delay.
Recent victims of timeshare fraud turn to their credit card company for help to cancel their timeshare purchase. Unfortunately, this is normally of little help for the client, and can even cause more delay and frustration to the clients who are already financially distraught about their deceiving situation.
The likelihood of being able to cancel a timeshare scam contract via the credit card company is very low. The typical process is that the client will file a dispute with the credit card company, claiming that the timeshare company misrepresented the details of the timeshare contract.
1. The credit card company will post a temporary credit back to the client´s account while the dispute is being processed.
2. The resort will be informed by the credit card company that the charge is being disputed on the basis of timeshare fraud.
3. The resort is required to show written proof of the client´s acceptance of the terms of the contract. In most timeshare scam cases, this works in the resort’s favor as all the misrepresentations made are usually verbal promises. The written contracts are carefully reviewed on a regular basis by the resort’s legal team to ensure that it covers their interests, and not the clients.
4. Once the resort sends a copy of the written contract to the credit card company, in most cases, the credit card company is required to repost the charge back onto the client’s credit card.
CC Disputes on 5 day rescissions
Other clients who have rescinded their timeshare contracts within the 5 day cancellation period allowed by Mexican law, and filed a credit card dispute at the same time, have found that the dispute process can delay the refund process. Normally, if a refund is approved by the resort, they will process it back to the credit card where the charge was initiated originally. If the charge is already in the dispute, the resort will require the dispute to be finalized before any refund is made, in case the temporary credit back to the card by the credit card company becomes permanent. This can delay the refund of the money and cause confusion for the timeshare scam victim.
In some cases it can be advantageous to file a credit card dispute. For example, if your payment is due, and you have hired our services to cancel your timeshare contract, this can be a way to delay the credit card payments that you were already required to make, without incurring interest charges or negative reports to your credit score.
As you can see from the information above, cancelling a timeshare contract that was sold under fraudulent premises is complicated and requires expertise and knowledge of the industry. Contact us today for a free analysis of your timeshare scam situation.
Our knowledgeable associates will review your information and let you know whether or not filing a credit card dispute is the right path to take in the initial stages of cancelling your timeshare contract. We can help you to ensure that your contract is cancelled properly, and advise you of the fastest and easiest way to recover your money.
Information to share
If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?
- Share this link http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/156-how-much-is-my-timeshare-worth/ on your favorite blogs and forums
Leave your comment below and share your opinion with us. To know more about timeshare scams go to: Timeshare Donation Scams