What is Rescinding a timeshare?
We all have experienced buyer’s remorse, but to buy timeshares that are ridiculously expensive and practically worthless, must be one of the most painful experiences for you and your pocket. However, there is always a bright side, and in this case, the bright side is that there is a way to get out of timeshare legally. Learn more on what is rescinding a timeshare, and how to do it efficiently and properly.
Also Read: How long do I have to rescind my timeshare?
What is rescinding a timeshare?
Rescinding a timeshare is a legal way to cancel a timeshare contract, sometimes with the possibility to get your money back and usually within a certain number of days, this depending on the place where you purchased the timeshare. In Mexico, there is a 5 day cancellation period, and even though some timeshare salespeople might ask you to sign away your right to cancel during the sales presentation, you still have the legal right to rescind.
Unfortunately, most people regret their timeshare purchase after the rescission period has expired, and that represents the beginning of a one on one battle with the resort to fight for the timeshare cancellation. Desperate to recover the money they have lost, timeshare scam victims become an easy target for other fraudulent companies that claim to be the solution to all of their problems.
Timeshare Purchase – Reasons to rescind
There are many valid reasons why someone would be interested on what is rescinding a timeshare. These are one of the most common reasons to rescind a timeshare contract:
- You do not completely understand how timeshares work
- You bought your timeshare under the pressure of fraudulent sales tactics
- You will not be able to finance your timeshare
- The resort has not delivered what was promised during the presentation
- You are not able to rent your timeshare weeks
- You do not want to spend your vacations attached to a specific resort and a specific time of the year
- You were told your timeshare was a financial investment, which is not
- You have not had success using other methods to get rid of your timeshare
Also Read: Cancel Timeshare Contract
Time to rescind
If you feel you were scammed with your timeshare, it is time to rescind! Like thousands of vacationers in Mexico who are in your same situation, you do have the right to rescind, even when the rescission period has expired. We at Mexican Timeshare Solutions treat each case individually, we offer each of our clients a free consultation with one of our associates to gather more information about your specific situation and advise you about how we will go about canceling your contract. Contact us today for your free consultation, and get ready to rescind!
Information to Share
If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?
- Follow us on Facebook
- Share this link http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/176-what-is-rescinding-a-timeshare/ on your favorite blogs and forums