Home » Blog » The Club Grupo Presidente – Another timeshare scam?

The Club Grupo Presidente – Another timeshare scam?

The Club Grupo Presidente – Another timeshare scam?
Autor Admin
Rating: 5.0/5 - 2 5 0

The Club Grupo Presidente includes great hotels in Mexico and around the world in beautiful destinations. But beware; many travelers are falling victims of these beautiful resorts.

The resorts at Club Grupo Presidente are located in the main cities and the best beaches in Mexico. But there is a dark side of this club: timeshare scams.

Timeshare scams are becoming very popular in the timeshare industry, and Club Grupo Presidente is one more added to the list of fraudulent timeshare companies. Read more about timeshare scams at:

Timeshare Scams: 8 Common lies told at the sales presentation

Timeshare Complaints: The Top Five

Timeshare Scam Companies: Learn about Timeshare Scams in Mexico

The Club Grupo Presidente Timeshare Resorts

The resorts operate under the Presidente Intercontinental and Holiday Inn brands. The Club Grupo Presidente timeshare gives owners points to usage rights to stay at any affiliated resort of this group, which are:

• Presidente Intercontinental Cancun Resort
  • Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort & Spa
  • Presidente Intercontinental Ixtapa Resort
  • Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos
  • Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta
  • Presidente Intercontinental Mexico City
  •  Presidente Intercontinental Santa Fe Mexico
  • Presidente Intercontinental Guadalajara
  • Presidente Intercontinental Monterrey
  • Presidente Intercontinental Villa Mercedes Merida
  • Holiday Inn Puebla

The Club Grupo Presidente Timeshare Complaints

As most timeshare resorts, there are many complaints about the timeshare system at Club Grupo Presidente, these being the most common:

1. When they sell you the timeshare points they make up the resort telling that the resort is very luxurious, but the truth is that the facilities are a bit worn. Besides the pool and the gym are very small.
  2. The Club Grupo Presidente timeshare staff will offer you a timeshare tour and they will try to sell you Presidente’s exclusive hotel room called “The Club”.
  3. The timeshare presentation can last until 4 hours.
  4. They promise to return your money for your expenses but they will never give it to you.
  5. If you say NO to the sales people at the first time, you will have to endure several other pushy salespeople doing their pitches.
  6. It is very difficult to make a reservation at any of the hotels affiliated.
  7. When you buy a timeshare in one of the resorts affiliated to Club Grupo Presidente, the timeshare salesperson tell you that you can go to any of the locations they manage, but this is a lie.
  8. They promise you can resell or rent your timeshare weeks, but complete this is very difficult, not to say impossible.
  9. When you can finally book, they tell you need more points and that you have to upgrade your membership, charging you more than the money you already owe.

10. Timeshare fees are too high.

rcZq6VE1ywo

Getting out of Club Grupo Presidente timeshare

If you feel identified with one or more of the complaints above, then you were victim of a timeshare fraud at Club Grupo Presidente. But do not feel hopeless; there is an efficient way out.

Timeshare cancellation is the only way you can free from your timeshare purchase. Some unhappy timeshare owners think that they can resell the timeshare, but there is no resale market for timeshare, nobody wants to buy debts. Without a doubt, timeshare cancellation is the best option.

If you don’t know how to do the process, we at Mexican Timeshare Solutions can help you cancel your timeshare property. Our experimented associates are well trained to give you help in fast. Contact us for a free consultation and know how we can work together to cancel your timeshare nightmare.

Information to Share

If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?

If you want to know more about fraudulent timeshare companies, visit:

Complaints about Sunset Group Timeshare

Vidanta Vacations Timeshare – Complaints and Reviews

How to cancel Sunset Group timeshare contract?

Rate and share this post on:

• Martha SolerJanuary 18, 2018, 3:37 pm

Lo mejor que pueden hacer es ni siquiera asistir a la presentacion de tiempo compartio de este resort, mi familia se vio envuelta en esto y es hora que no les devuelven el dinero que invirtieron pensando en que seria la gran oferta de su vida, mucho cuidado !

• Juanjo CallesJanuary 8, 2017, 9:57 pm

Grupo presidente son un caso perdido, mis papas adquirieron hace unos 6 años una membresia con estas personas y solo los escuchaba de lo mal que se quejaban de este resort, ya que nada de lo que les prometieron resolvieron , ni lo pudieron usar, finalmente lograron cancelar la membresia, asi que piensen bien antes de comprar con estas personas de presidente.

• Nora J.August 29, 2016, 10:40 am

Bad experience , just dont get involve with those scammers, all that they sell you is a bunch of lies! timeshare field with them is very tricky , please dont get caught.

• Richard June 7, 2016, 4:14 pm

Dont get caught , president club group is a bad investment , dont accept their timeshare presentations , all is part of the hook..the best thing that you can do is to avoid the timeshare presentations , for own experience president group is only a dishonest.

• Ramon SotoFebruary 16, 2016, 10:40 am

Mis papas fueron vicitimas de este resort si se le puede llamar asi , estaban muy emocionados cuando compraron pero con el pasar de los meses los escuche que estaban teniendo muchas complicaciones, sobre todo a la hora de agendar ya que les estaban cobrando y ni siquiera podian usarlo

• Nancy SlabineDecember 17, 2015, 11:56 am

My husband and I went to Puerto Vallarta to another time share that we had. We were approaced to go to a presentation. We said yes, but then the next day, decided that we didnt want to go. The guy, called our room and made us feel guilty for not going, so we went. Biggest mistake! We got suckered into another time share on the basis that the seller would help us sell our current time share. Never heard from the guy again. I emailed him letting him know that he promised to help us sell the other timeshare and he never contacted us! So we were stuck with 2 timeshares! What a nightmare!

• Jen WrightNovember 12, 2015, 11:25 am

My husband and I bought a package from these people in 2014. I have tried 4 different times to make reservations to use this package (which is a "tester" to see if we want to fully buy into the time share program) with no success. I can't even get through on the phone to talk to anyone. I've been given 9 different phone numbers since the day we purchased and have NEVER gotten through to actually speak with anyone. I've left messages, but NEVER had a call returned. AVOID THIS COMPANY.

• RegioOctober 21, 2015, 12:51 pm

This is the best hotel I have gone in family. I went as a guest with the RCI of a familiar. They have good pools and amenities. The bad point is that since the beginning they tried to approach me to invite me to a presentation. I was there 1 week and they called me twice or tree times daily, but since the very beginning I told them that I was not interested. At the end, they even threatened in block the RCI if I didn't go to the presentation.

• R. MartinOctober 15, 2015, 2:03 pm

I am owner of Presidente for about 5 years but I've onle used it once and I've been paying for that mistake ever since. I've gone so far as to try to give it back but why this company take it back when they can basically steal from me month by month and year by year.

• AngieOctober 6, 2015, 2:48 pm

I just got back from vacation from Cozumel I'm sick to my stomach thinking how can I get out of this. I have read the similar situation of what some people have done. What do I need to do to cancel with these people?