►CANCEL a Timeshare [ Tips to get rid of it]
Schedule your FREE Consultation to CANCEL your Timeshare HERE
Most of the people who have purchased timeshare contracts become excited about the travel possibilities expressed by a sales representative. These possibilities are usually never used. By this time, you probably realized that you spent thousands of dollars on a timeshare that is not what you or your family need. Regardless of the reason why you feel you need to cancel a timeshare, you need to know some basic steps to dump it fast and avoiding any possible scam from timeshare sharks.
Tips to cancel a timeshare:
- Read the timeshare laws for vacation ownership where your timeshare is located. If it was purchased in Mexico, then it is ruled by Mexican civil law. Timeshare sales are governed by the state or country you purchased and not by your residence. Your contract must specify your cancellation grace period without incurring any penalty as well as any resell limitations you might have. Mexican timeshares have a five-day cancellation period, and this right is can't be waived.
- If you can't cancel your timeshare, determine a realistic price for it. Don't take advice from timeshare resale companies, as they will "sweeten the coffee" and make unrealistic expectations trying to get money upfront from you to sell it. Search for timeshare sales similar to yours on websites such as eBay or Red Week. There, you will find that timeshares lose their value by 90% or even more when sold it in the secondary market. I know it is frustrating that you paid a lot, more, and you will not see that money coming back, but at least you will save thousands of dollars on unwanted maintenance fees.
- Place ads on timeshare sites. There are many and the most important are TUG, My Resort Network, Red Week, and eBay. The more exposure it gets, the quicker you will Cancel a timeshare. Take into consideration that you will most likely receive cold calls from people claiming they have a buyer ready to pay, but you need to pay transfer fees. Hang up immediately; if you listen to them, you might become a victim of timeshare fraud. NEVER PAY UPFRONT TO RENT, SALE, TRANSFER, DONATE, OR CANCEL YOUR TIMESHARE -I can't say this enough.
- Respond to all inquiries as soon as possible. There are lots of timeshares for sale, so you need to catch them before they go somewhere else. Have all the info available for any questions they might have. The most common questions are, "What's the maintenance fee?" or "How often can I use it?"
- Don't kill the deal; negotiate. If you get a low baller, make a counteroffer. Think of the future maintenance fees you will be saving.
- Hire a closing company to do the transfer. ALWAYS use one approved by the ARDA -American Resort Development of America- to do the closing for you. The fees are between $300 and $800 USD.
If someone or a company cold calls you, claiming to have a buyer with tons of cash ready to hand it over to you, be careful. These companies will usually ask you to pay for fees in advance, and later on you will discover that this buyer never existed. These companies make their money from people trying desperately to cancel a timeshare.
Remember that to cancel a timeshare, you don’t have to pay an upfront fee. Mexican Timeshare Solutions works on a contingency basis and only collects a fee if the contract is fully cancelled; otherwise, no fee is charged. Contact MTS for a free consultation and full advice on your timeshare matter. It’s time for you to get away from that contract.
To receive more information about how to cancel your timeshare, send a WhatsApp to +52 1 333 239 6589, fill out the contact form, or call us at +1 714 277 3662.
Information to share
If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?
- Share this link http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/98-cancel-a-timeshare/ on your favorite blogs and forums.
Leave your comment below and share your opinion with us. To know more about timeshare scams go to: Timeshare Exchange