Home » Resort Black list »  Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints

Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints

Villa del Palmar, Villa del Palmar Flamingos, Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, Villa del Arco, UVC, Universal Vacation Club.

Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints
  Rental Companies:
Imperial Property Management, Enterprise Travel International, Regal Resales and Rentals,Value Trade World, Continental Connections

Villa del Palmar is a timeshare resort, with different locations in Mexico like Cabo San Lucas, Cancun, Islands of Loreto, Puerto Vallarta & Rivera Nayarit. The resorts counts with different procreative spots like two pools, three tennis courts, a gym, a spa & a nearby golf course all for you to enjoy and have a relaxing vacations. From villas, condos, suites and penthouse is for all public in general there is no “only members” area.

Villa del Palmar’s Sales Practice has a well recognize reputation for the lies, scams and most likely to misrepresented the contract at the moment of signing. Villa del Palmar sales associate like any other sales person will tell you all the wonders you want to hear to make a purchase, most timeshare presentation last 90 minutes, but at Villa del Palmar you can be up to 4 hrs in there.

Do not let their wonderful words lure you away, read the contract before signing, the contract clearly estates that any verbal promises made to the buyer that are not on the contract are invalid and that the purchasing of a membership at Villa del Palmar is not an investment, it only other way of saving for future vacations, it also states that if you wish to purchase the membership for the solid purpose of renting for profit, that you should reconsider your purchase of the membership.

If you are a current owner of a timeshare at other resort, the sales associate at Villa del Palmar, they will offer you a trade in, promising to sell your existing timeshare, the sales associates will refer you to a resell company to sell your existing timeshare so you can purchase at Villa del Palmar, Now on days the timeshare scams is being spread into the resell and rental companies, this companies promise you to LIST your timeshare for resell or rent, for a consider amount of money pay upfront to them, what they don’t tell you is that they are not obligated to sell it but to just take it into inventory, which is consider “Listing”. Also most companies that ask for an upfront fee are probably not a legitimate company. Also a common lie the Sales associate at Villa del Palmar will tell you that the contract is under the United states Law because their headquarter office is located in San Diego, and recession period is not available for you, if the contract is sign in Mexico, the contract is under the law of Mexico, therefore by the Mexican Law you have your recession period to cancel, signing a waiver to rescind your right to cancel is also illegal.

Customer Service at Villa del Palmar is not what they advertise, Customer Service is awful, they never answer the phone and if they do answer you the phone whatever problem you have you can fix it by paying up whatever fee you are due.

Bottom line is that Villa del Palmar is a great resort, great place to enjoy with your Family and love one, but be prepared to be harassed by the Sales Staff if you are not a current timeshare owner there, and if you plan to attended to the presentation, be informed before making any kind of purchase, have them let you read the contract before signing and make sure that is what they told you it was, ask as many questions you have, remember it’s your money, it’s your purchase, ITS YOUR CHOICE!

Phone number

01 800 253 0386

Leave your comment below and share this post on Twitter and Facebook if you like.

Write your complaint
Read what other timeshare scam victims say:
258 Complaints
  • Dale LikesDecember 12, 2018, 11:05 pm

We were recently on vacation at Loreto Bay Resort and decided to stop in at your timeshare just down the road. We were told that no more visitors were allowed and we were ‘t welcome. Very unprofessional even and snobby.

Yours truly;
    Dale Likes

• Dale LikesDecember 12, 2018, 11:00 pm

We recently were on vacation in the Baja, staying at Loreto Bay Golf & Spa Resort.
    We were thinking of booking with your resort next year and decided to explore the resort just down the road. Upon arrival at the gate, the custodian told us you weren’t accepting visitors. We told him our reason, and he said you weren’t accepting any more visitors.
    We asked if we could eat at the restaurant, and he eventually got clearance to let us past the gate.
    Upon arrival , we were told we couldn’t walk around to see what you offered, but only go to the restaurant.
    The front desk told us they weren’t accepting visitors and were told to leave.
    Very unprofessional and “better than though”.
    Based on those comments, I will let others know how you treat future customers and what your timeshare represents.
    Looking forward to your comments.

Dale

• Vicki m springerOctober 30, 2018, 5:19 pm

After initial sales pitch at home show we found communication with representatives to confirm our accommodations was convoluted. They do not respond in a timely manner to phone calls. Comes off as a rip-off and scam from the begInning...after billing our charge card. Hope I am wrong and the resort is worth dealing with these sales people.

• GDOctober 8, 2018, 8:43 pm

We have a timeshare for any week at the Jacienda Del Mar in Cabo and use it every year and make the next year's reservation before we leave. I'm sorry so many have had bad experiences with VDP. I've even helped a half dozen friends get a week at HDM with only raive reviews. We were going to check it out just to see another resort. Not now.

• Michael VeraAugust 21, 2018, 1:02 pm

La peor compra que he podido hacer. el servicio al cliente es lo peor, cuando hice el contrato prometieron algunas cosas, resulta que ahora todo eso es mentira. alguien sabe como poder salirse de esto??

• ElectraAugust 9, 2018, 4:49 pm

I bought a time share few months ago, Villa del Palmar, I thought we were doing a good investment, I told them that I had another timeshare they promised that they will buy my other timeshare and that I don’t have to worry. They get me a letter to send to my other timeshare saying that I won’t pay any more and they should canceled my contract. At this point I thought everything was fine, that I got rid of my other timeshare, and I could begin with Villas del Palmar. Needless to say that Westin told me that I can’t get out of my contract and that I must continue paying until the whole thing is pay off. I called Villas del Palmar and they said, they were sorry but I problably understood the information that they gave wrong, I told them that I can’t pay two timeshares and that wasn’t what they told at the beginning of the contract. I want to know how I can get out if this scam of Villa del Palmar, I also travel to Mexico last month and they promised that they will fine a solution and they will do it right away. It has been a week and they still didn’t call or text me or send me and email to fine a solution. Please can someone tell what can I do. Thank you very much

• AJCAMPJuly 14, 2018, 11:30 pm

Has anyone actually stopped paying their loan payment with Villa Group? I'm curious what the experience is. I know they ding your credit rating which I don't care about, but has anyone been sued in foreclosure by Villa Resorts?

• Wendy VillareloJune 10, 2018, 4:13 pm

Muy mal servicio el de estas personas de villa del palmar,compramos una membresia con ellos y solo hemos podido usar 1 sola vez, nos dicen qe es muy dificil tener disponibilidad con el tipo de membresia que tenemos, cosa que en la presentacion pagamos mas dinero porque nos prometieron que era le mejor opcion y no tendriamos problemas en nada, y resulta todo lo contrario, no sabemos que hacer.

• AnthonyMay 10, 2018, 10:32 am

After returning to our suite we noticed the door was not shut, a light was left on and our safe was opened wide. We called and reported it and the night manager accused us of lying. Then he proceeded to tell us it is a courtesy to do a room walk-through. There was no excuse for the safe being left open with my wallet and passport in it. Plus the front door not being shut could’ve given anyone a right to go in and steal our vital belongings. We couldn’t believe the Mgr would initially try to refute this ever happening. They never gave us a warning of a walk-through. It was not on any of the paperwork. The promotional presentation was 2 1/2hrs instead of the 90 minutes promised. What part of “no” didn’t they understand? We literally had to get up and walk out. I’ll never recommend purchasing here. Also because you’re in Mexico you can’t sue them for the multiple violations.

• Anna LeeMay 5, 2018, 12:20 am

We bought ours in the late 90's. Upgraded a couple of years later to the Gold membership. The presentation was filled with lots of empty promises, however we have made it work for us. Ok now, hold on.....The memberships being sold now are no longer for 30 years. The are for 50 years. Yes, 50. My husband and I are 67 and I looked at the salesgal and said " I don't think that will work for us". Their theory is that you can use 5 weeks a year for 10 years. Still not going to happen,

Share your timeshare experience Your E-mail and phone number will not be displayed