Home » Resort Black list »  Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints

Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints

Villa del Palmar, Villa del Palmar Flamingos, Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, Villa del Arco, UVC, Universal Vacation Club.

Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints
  Rental Companies:
Imperial Property Management, Enterprise Travel International, Regal Resales and Rentals,Value Trade World, Continental Connections

Villa del Palmar is a timeshare resort, with different locations in Mexico like Cabo San Lucas, Cancun, Islands of Loreto, Puerto Vallarta & Rivera Nayarit. The resorts counts with different procreative spots like two pools, three tennis courts, a gym, a spa & a nearby golf course all for you to enjoy and have a relaxing vacations. From villas, condos, suites and penthouse is for all public in general there is no “only members” area.

Villa del Palmar’s Sales Practice has a well recognize reputation for the lies, scams and most likely to misrepresented the contract at the moment of signing. Villa del Palmar sales associate like any other sales person will tell you all the wonders you want to hear to make a purchase, most timeshare presentation last 90 minutes, but at Villa del Palmar you can be up to 4 hrs in there.

Do not let their wonderful words lure you away, read the contract before signing, the contract clearly estates that any verbal promises made to the buyer that are not on the contract are invalid and that the purchasing of a membership at Villa del Palmar is not an investment, it only other way of saving for future vacations, it also states that if you wish to purchase the membership for the solid purpose of renting for profit, that you should reconsider your purchase of the membership.

If you are a current owner of a timeshare at other resort, the sales associate at Villa del Palmar, they will offer you a trade in, promising to sell your existing timeshare, the sales associates will refer you to a resell company to sell your existing timeshare so you can purchase at Villa del Palmar, Now on days the timeshare scams is being spread into the resell and rental companies, this companies promise you to LIST your timeshare for resell or rent, for a consider amount of money pay upfront to them, what they don’t tell you is that they are not obligated to sell it but to just take it into inventory, which is consider “Listing”. Also most companies that ask for an upfront fee are probably not a legitimate company. Also a common lie the Sales associate at Villa del Palmar will tell you that the contract is under the United states Law because their headquarter office is located in San Diego, and recession period is not available for you, if the contract is sign in Mexico, the contract is under the law of Mexico, therefore by the Mexican Law you have your recession period to cancel, signing a waiver to rescind your right to cancel is also illegal.

Customer Service at Villa del Palmar is not what they advertise, Customer Service is awful, they never answer the phone and if they do answer you the phone whatever problem you have you can fix it by paying up whatever fee you are due.

Bottom line is that Villa del Palmar is a great resort, great place to enjoy with your Family and love one, but be prepared to be harassed by the Sales Staff if you are not a current timeshare owner there, and if you plan to attended to the presentation, be informed before making any kind of purchase, have them let you read the contract before signing and make sure that is what they told you it was, ask as many questions you have, remember it’s your money, it’s your purchase, ITS YOUR CHOICE!

Phone number

01 800 253 0386

Leave your comment below and share this post on Twitter and Facebook if you like.

Write your complaint
Read what other timeshare scam victims say:
257 Complaints
  • ana maria villa zamoraApril 28, 2019, 11:53 pm

VILLAS DEL PALMAR: el 7 de mayo cumplo 5 años de que compre una membresía en villas del palmar, cancun, en dolares, la pagué aproximadamente 2 años, pero despues se hizo impagable porque subió mucho el dolar, pagué mas de 200,000,00 pesos, al no poder realizar mas los pagos solo la abandoné. (hace aproximadamente 3 años). se puede hacer algo en este caso para recuperar algo??? recibí un correo de ellos hace unos meses invitandome a que vuelva, que me ofrecen hospedaje a precio preferencial para valorar que vuelva a retomar mi membresia.
    VIDANTA: El último año que fui de vacaciones con villas del palmar cancun, los de vidanta me contactaron y me ofrecieron que "tomaban a cuenta" lo que habia dado en villas y que me ofreciann algo mas pagable... claro más básico, eso no me dijeron, sea garden, solo en mazatlan o nuevo vallarta, ahi pagué durante un año, no se, cuanto, como 50,000.00 o menos, pero el primer año que lo disfruté no me gustó y tambien abandone. Aqui se puede hacer algo?? gracias.

• Alberto Nolazco Marzo 31, 2019, 5:33 pm

Cancelar timeshare con villa del palmar.

• Tammy January 16, 2019, 10:03 pm

Biggest scam ever! They Promised and even showed me something on his phone about a 'Platinum' membership to stay in other resorts around the world for around $300/week. This was the main reason we decided to purchase, and it was all lies! Complete Fraud! Run away fast and dont get scammed like we did.

• Michael VeraAugust 21, 2018, 1:02 pm

La peor compra que he podido hacer. el servicio al cliente es lo peor, cuando hice el contrato prometieron algunas cosas, resulta que ahora todo eso es mentira. alguien sabe como poder salirse de esto??

• ElectraAugust 9, 2018, 4:49 pm

I bought a time share few months ago, Villa del Palmar, I thought we were doing a good investment, I told them that I had another timeshare they promised that they will buy my other timeshare and that I don’t have to worry. They get me a letter to send to my other timeshare saying that I won’t pay any more and they should canceled my contract. At this point I thought everything was fine, that I got rid of my other timeshare, and I could begin with Villas del Palmar. Needless to say that Westin told me that I can’t get out of my contract and that I must continue paying until the whole thing is pay off. I called Villas del Palmar and they said, they were sorry but I problably understood the information that they gave wrong, I told them that I can’t pay two timeshares and that wasn’t what they told at the beginning of the contract. I want to know how I can get out if this scam of Villa del Palmar, I also travel to Mexico last month and they promised that they will fine a solution and they will do it right away. It has been a week and they still didn’t call or text me or send me and email to fine a solution. Please can someone tell what can I do. Thank you very much

• AJCAMPJuly 14, 2018, 11:30 pm

Has anyone actually stopped paying their loan payment with Villa Group? I'm curious what the experience is. I know they ding your credit rating which I don't care about, but has anyone been sued in foreclosure by Villa Resorts?

• Wendy VillareloJune 10, 2018, 4:13 pm

Muy mal servicio el de estas personas de villa del palmar,compramos una membresia con ellos y solo hemos podido usar 1 sola vez, nos dicen qe es muy dificil tener disponibilidad con el tipo de membresia que tenemos, cosa que en la presentacion pagamos mas dinero porque nos prometieron que era le mejor opcion y no tendriamos problemas en nada, y resulta todo lo contrario, no sabemos que hacer.

• AnthonyMay 10, 2018, 10:32 am

After returning to our suite we noticed the door was not shut, a light was left on and our safe was opened wide. We called and reported it and the night manager accused us of lying. Then he proceeded to tell us it is a courtesy to do a room walk-through. There was no excuse for the safe being left open with my wallet and passport in it. Plus the front door not being shut could’ve given anyone a right to go in and steal our vital belongings. We couldn’t believe the Mgr would initially try to refute this ever happening. They never gave us a warning of a walk-through. It was not on any of the paperwork. The promotional presentation was 2 1/2hrs instead of the 90 minutes promised. What part of “no” didn’t they understand? We literally had to get up and walk out. I’ll never recommend purchasing here. Also because you’re in Mexico you can’t sue them for the multiple violations.

• Anna LeeMay 5, 2018, 12:20 am

We bought ours in the late 90's. Upgraded a couple of years later to the Gold membership. The presentation was filled with lots of empty promises, however we have made it work for us. Ok now, hold on.....The memberships being sold now are no longer for 30 years. The are for 50 years. Yes, 50. My husband and I are 67 and I looked at the salesgal and said " I don't think that will work for us". Their theory is that you can use 5 weeks a year for 10 years. Still not going to happen,

• LapazjimApril 5, 2018, 9:09 am

I purchased at the Flamingos in 2016.I purchased every other year for 30 years so 15 years.I was told that they were building a new resort in Loreto and that I would be able to utilize it and all the other Villa Group resorts.Well that was a lie.Prior to completion of the Loreto resort they changed over to a new system of points.I am under weeks system which is no more.I go down to Cabo every other year,but am stuck with using the Palmar and they always try to get me to go to a presentation about how they have changed(its nothing but an attempt to get me to purchase into points),but I always inform them that I am not interested at all and make it clear not to bother me.This is probably the only time they actually listen.Thus I utilize my every other year at the Palmar,am not bothered after initial attempt and go on about my 7 days of vacation and 5 days of fishing and enjoy it.
    The biggest problem I have with the Villa Group it the FACT that they sold my personal information go the SCAM sales companies.I always bring that up when I am in Cabo and its like seeing a deer in headlights.They always state they had no idea and they would ask about it.I never hear from the people at the resort that stated they were checking into it.I actually did have a low call rate in 2016 and 2017,but at the end of 2017 and now into 2018 I have yet again began receiving even more calls(sometimes 2-5 a day).I tell them not to call anymore in a very mean tone and they are like the Villa Group they cant understand plain english.I am stuck with what to do except to hang up on them.

Share your timeshare experience Your E-mail and phone number will not be displayed