Home » Resort Black list »  Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints

Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints

Villa del Palmar, Villa del Palmar Flamingos, Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, Villa del Arco, UVC, Universal Vacation Club.

Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints
  Rental Companies:
Imperial Property Management, Enterprise Travel International, Regal Resales and Rentals,Value Trade World, Continental Connections

Villa del Palmar is a timeshare resort, with different locations in Mexico like Cabo San Lucas, Cancun, Islands of Loreto, Puerto Vallarta & Rivera Nayarit. The resorts counts with different procreative spots like two pools, three tennis courts, a gym, a spa & a nearby golf course all for you to enjoy and have a relaxing vacations. From villas, condos, suites and penthouse is for all public in general there is no “only members” area.

Villa del Palmar’s Sales Practice has a well recognize reputation for the lies, scams and most likely to misrepresented the contract at the moment of signing. Villa del Palmar sales associate like any other sales person will tell you all the wonders you want to hear to make a purchase, most timeshare presentation last 90 minutes, but at Villa del Palmar you can be up to 4 hrs in there.

Do not let their wonderful words lure you away, read the contract before signing, the contract clearly estates that any verbal promises made to the buyer that are not on the contract are invalid and that the purchasing of a membership at Villa del Palmar is not an investment, it only other way of saving for future vacations, it also states that if you wish to purchase the membership for the solid purpose of renting for profit, that you should reconsider your purchase of the membership.

If you are a current owner of a timeshare at other resort, the sales associate at Villa del Palmar, they will offer you a trade in, promising to sell your existing timeshare, the sales associates will refer you to a resell company to sell your existing timeshare so you can purchase at Villa del Palmar, Now on days the timeshare scams is being spread into the resell and rental companies, this companies promise you to LIST your timeshare for resell or rent, for a consider amount of money pay upfront to them, what they don’t tell you is that they are not obligated to sell it but to just take it into inventory, which is consider “Listing”. Also most companies that ask for an upfront fee are probably not a legitimate company. Also a common lie the Sales associate at Villa del Palmar will tell you that the contract is under the United states Law because their headquarter office is located in San Diego, and recession period is not available for you, if the contract is sign in Mexico, the contract is under the law of Mexico, therefore by the Mexican Law you have your recession period to cancel, signing a waiver to rescind your right to cancel is also illegal.

Customer Service at Villa del Palmar is not what they advertise, Customer Service is awful, they never answer the phone and if they do answer you the phone whatever problem you have you can fix it by paying up whatever fee you are due.

Bottom line is that Villa del Palmar is a great resort, great place to enjoy with your Family and love one, but be prepared to be harassed by the Sales Staff if you are not a current timeshare owner there, and if you plan to attended to the presentation, be informed before making any kind of purchase, have them let you read the contract before signing and make sure that is what they told you it was, ask as many questions you have, remember it’s your money, it’s your purchase, ITS YOUR CHOICE!

Phone number

01 800 253 0386

Leave your comment below and share this post on Twitter and Facebook if you like.

Write your complaint
Read what other timeshare scam victims say:
262 Complaints
  • Guadalupe MedaAugust 21, 2019, 9:08 am

I have a timeshare in Villas del Palmar Cancun. I received a phone call offering me to sell it. I agree to sell it. The resort ask me to pay a Transfer Fee which I send it (4,500.00) aprox. But they claimed that they never received. Now I lost that money. The buyer or the lawyer I was assigned are not helping to much

• Michael RighettiJuly 30, 2019, 1:25 pm

Villa del Palmar is renting rooms to non owners and telling us there is no availability to use our weeks. If that is not a scam what is. Just tried to book and there was no availability. I called directly and there were multiple rooms available.

• mikeJuly 30, 2019, 1:21 pm

Villa del Palmar is lying about availability. I have been an owner for 10 years and tried to book a week at the Loreto resort. When i called I was told no availability. I called the resort directly and there were rooms of all kinds. The administration is scamming the owners telling us there is not availability and then renting rooms to others.

• Ron PerryJuly 4, 2019, 11:39 am

I am writing this review in the hopes that I can prevent at least one person form purchasing a timeshare form The Villas Group. My wife and I visited Vills Del Palmar Los Cabos in 2017. I was 58 at the time and never intended to purchase a timeshare. We had booked through BookVIP so we were obligated to attend a timeshare presentation. We were impressed and ended up purchasing a 1700 points (one bedroom) package. We decided that we did not want to spend that much money and two days later, we cancelled. I must say that they do honor their cancellation policy. They did keep up the pressure and we ended up paying for another vacation at their Flamingo resort the following year. We returned in June 2018 and attended another presentation. I explained that I do not want to purchase because we wish to travel outside of Mexico and the fact that I was 59 years old. Their solution was to offer a "biennial" package of 1000 points (even years) and they explained that once I turned 60, I could become a "senior member" and accelerate my usage by using points from future years after paying the annual fee for those points. We stayed for several hours, went to the pool and returned so this was not a quick decision. We asked many questions over and over and I read the documents several times. I was told that I could accelerate my points and vacation longer periods of time. I was also told that I was not restricted to a jr suite (single room) and I could use my points to reserve a larger unit. This week, I decided to use my 1000 banked points from 2018 along with my 2012 points and reserve a 2 bedroom for 6 adults and a 3 year old. When I called, I was told I could not combine my points to get a larger unit. I was also told that a 2 bedroom holds a maximum of 6 people (its in the contract) although a studio holds 2 adults and 2 children and a 1 bedroom holds 4 adults. A 2 bedroom is a jr suite and a one bedroom combined. I then learned that the senior membership is not available to "biennial" members. The sales staff Tony Romero) will lie and tell you anything necessary to complete the sale. Speaking with the manager in Vegas (Julio). was no help. I am under contract and I will need to make the best of it. We paid $11682.00 for 1000 points/50 years or 25 visits. The maintenance fee in 2018 was $435 and today it is $455. At $455 combined with the membership cost (divided by 25), a week stay costs $922 for a jr suite. Anyone booking that same room today through the internet can pay the same rate for a jr suite in Cancun. Cabo will be a little more. our contract allows to purchase an additional 1000 points annually for the cost of our maintenance fees so I believe if we vacation twice every even year, we will be ahead of the game. I will be booking tomorrow so I may receive additional bad news but we will make the best of it. We will not be giving them another dime for any upgrades. We were told that we will have access to any future resorts that they open but I'm sure there is a catch. Maybe the jr suite will start at a higher number of points and they will ask us to upgrade. My advice is not to purchase! You can still stay at any of their resorts at a reasonable price without owing.

• Anita Suarez June 25, 2019, 9:05 am

Recien compre este timeshare y me tuvieron por 7 horas presionandome y llenos de mabsurd. Llego a casa y Leo un poco de clapsulas que no me dijeron. Como puedo cancelar esta compra tan absurda.

• ana maria villa zamoraApril 28, 2019, 11:53 pm

VILLAS DEL PALMAR: el 7 de mayo cumplo 5 años de que compre una membresía en villas del palmar, cancun, en dolares, la pagué aproximadamente 2 años, pero despues se hizo impagable porque subió mucho el dolar, pagué mas de 200,000,00 pesos, al no poder realizar mas los pagos solo la abandoné. (hace aproximadamente 3 años). se puede hacer algo en este caso para recuperar algo??? recibí un correo de ellos hace unos meses invitandome a que vuelva, que me ofrecen hospedaje a precio preferencial para valorar que vuelva a retomar mi membresia.
    VIDANTA: El último año que fui de vacaciones con villas del palmar cancun, los de vidanta me contactaron y me ofrecieron que "tomaban a cuenta" lo que habia dado en villas y que me ofreciann algo mas pagable... claro más básico, eso no me dijeron, sea garden, solo en mazatlan o nuevo vallarta, ahi pagué durante un año, no se, cuanto, como 50,000.00 o menos, pero el primer año que lo disfruté no me gustó y tambien abandone. Aqui se puede hacer algo?? gracias.

• Alberto Nolazco Marzo 31, 2019, 5:33 pm

Cancelar timeshare con villa del palmar.

• Tammy January 16, 2019, 10:03 pm

Biggest scam ever! They Promised and even showed me something on his phone about a 'Platinum' membership to stay in other resorts around the world for around $300/week. This was the main reason we decided to purchase, and it was all lies! Complete Fraud! Run away fast and dont get scammed like we did.

• Michael VeraAugust 21, 2018, 1:02 pm

La peor compra que he podido hacer. el servicio al cliente es lo peor, cuando hice el contrato prometieron algunas cosas, resulta que ahora todo eso es mentira. alguien sabe como poder salirse de esto??

• ElectraAugust 9, 2018, 4:49 pm

I bought a time share few months ago, Villa del Palmar, I thought we were doing a good investment, I told them that I had another timeshare they promised that they will buy my other timeshare and that I don’t have to worry. They get me a letter to send to my other timeshare saying that I won’t pay any more and they should canceled my contract. At this point I thought everything was fine, that I got rid of my other timeshare, and I could begin with Villas del Palmar. Needless to say that Westin told me that I can’t get out of my contract and that I must continue paying until the whole thing is pay off. I called Villas del Palmar and they said, they were sorry but I problably understood the information that they gave wrong, I told them that I can’t pay two timeshares and that wasn’t what they told at the beginning of the contract. I want to know how I can get out if this scam of Villa del Palmar, I also travel to Mexico last month and they promised that they will fine a solution and they will do it right away. It has been a week and they still didn’t call or text me or send me and email to fine a solution. Please can someone tell what can I do. Thank you very much

Share your timeshare experience Your E-mail and phone number will not be displayed