Home » Resort Black list »  Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints

Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints

Villa del Palmar, Villa del Palmar Flamingos, Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, Villa del Arco, UVC, Universal Vacation Club.

Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints
  Rental Companies:
Imperial Property Management, Enterprise Travel International, Regal Resales and Rentals,Value Trade World, Continental Connections

Villa del Palmar is a timeshare resort, with different locations in Mexico like Cabo San Lucas, Cancun, Islands of Loreto, Puerto Vallarta & Rivera Nayarit. The resorts counts with different procreative spots like two pools, three tennis courts, a gym, a spa & a nearby golf course all for you to enjoy and have a relaxing vacations. From villas, condos, suites and penthouse is for all public in general there is no “only members” area.

Villa del Palmar’s Sales Practice has a well recognize reputation for the lies, scams and most likely to misrepresented the contract at the moment of signing. Villa del Palmar sales associate like any other sales person will tell you all the wonders you want to hear to make a purchase, most timeshare presentation last 90 minutes, but at Villa del Palmar you can be up to 4 hrs in there.

Do not let their wonderful words lure you away, read the contract before signing, the contract clearly estates that any verbal promises made to the buyer that are not on the contract are invalid and that the purchasing of a membership at Villa del Palmar is not an investment, it only other way of saving for future vacations, it also states that if you wish to purchase the membership for the solid purpose of renting for profit, that you should reconsider your purchase of the membership.

If you are a current owner of a timeshare at other resort, the sales associate at Villa del Palmar, they will offer you a trade in, promising to sell your existing timeshare, the sales associates will refer you to a resell company to sell your existing timeshare so you can purchase at Villa del Palmar, Now on days the timeshare scams is being spread into the resell and rental companies, this companies promise you to LIST your timeshare for resell or rent, for a consider amount of money pay upfront to them, what they don’t tell you is that they are not obligated to sell it but to just take it into inventory, which is consider “Listing”. Also most companies that ask for an upfront fee are probably not a legitimate company. Also a common lie the Sales associate at Villa del Palmar will tell you that the contract is under the United states Law because their headquarter office is located in San Diego, and recession period is not available for you, if the contract is sign in Mexico, the contract is under the law of Mexico, therefore by the Mexican Law you have your recession period to cancel, signing a waiver to rescind your right to cancel is also illegal.

Customer Service at Villa del Palmar is not what they advertise, Customer Service is awful, they never answer the phone and if they do answer you the phone whatever problem you have you can fix it by paying up whatever fee you are due.

Bottom line is that Villa del Palmar is a great resort, great place to enjoy with your Family and love one, but be prepared to be harassed by the Sales Staff if you are not a current timeshare owner there, and if you plan to attended to the presentation, be informed before making any kind of purchase, have them let you read the contract before signing and make sure that is what they told you it was, ask as many questions you have, remember it’s your money, it’s your purchase, ITS YOUR CHOICE!

Phone number

01 800 253 0386

Leave your comment below and share this post on Twitter and Facebook if you like.

Write your complaint
Read what other timeshare scam victims say:
251 Complaints
  • Wendy VillareloJune 10, 2018, 4:13 pm

Muy mal servicio el de estas personas de villa del palmar,compramos una membresia con ellos y solo hemos podido usar 1 sola vez, nos dicen qe es muy dificil tener disponibilidad con el tipo de membresia que tenemos, cosa que en la presentacion pagamos mas dinero porque nos prometieron que era le mejor opcion y no tendriamos problemas en nada, y resulta todo lo contrario, no sabemos que hacer.

• AnthonyMay 10, 2018, 10:32 am

After returning to our suite we noticed the door was not shut, a light was left on and our safe was opened wide. We called and reported it and the night manager accused us of lying. Then he proceeded to tell us it is a courtesy to do a room walk-through. There was no excuse for the safe being left open with my wallet and passport in it. Plus the front door not being shut could’ve given anyone a right to go in and steal our vital belongings. We couldn’t believe the Mgr would initially try to refute this ever happening. They never gave us a warning of a walk-through. It was not on any of the paperwork. The promotional presentation was 2 1/2hrs instead of the 90 minutes promised. What part of “no” didn’t they understand? We literally had to get up and walk out. I’ll never recommend purchasing here. Also because you’re in Mexico you can’t sue them for the multiple violations.

• Anna LeeMay 5, 2018, 12:20 am

We bought ours in the late 90's. Upgraded a couple of years later to the Gold membership. The presentation was filled with lots of empty promises, however we have made it work for us. Ok now, hold on.....The memberships being sold now are no longer for 30 years. The are for 50 years. Yes, 50. My husband and I are 67 and I looked at the salesgal and said " I don't think that will work for us". Their theory is that you can use 5 weeks a year for 10 years. Still not going to happen,

• LapazjimApril 5, 2018, 9:09 am

I purchased at the Flamingos in 2016.I purchased every other year for 30 years so 15 years.I was told that they were building a new resort in Loreto and that I would be able to utilize it and all the other Villa Group resorts.Well that was a lie.Prior to completion of the Loreto resort they changed over to a new system of points.I am under weeks system which is no more.I go down to Cabo every other year,but am stuck with using the Palmar and they always try to get me to go to a presentation about how they have changed(its nothing but an attempt to get me to purchase into points),but I always inform them that I am not interested at all and make it clear not to bother me.This is probably the only time they actually listen.Thus I utilize my every other year at the Palmar,am not bothered after initial attempt and go on about my 7 days of vacation and 5 days of fishing and enjoy it.
    The biggest problem I have with the Villa Group it the FACT that they sold my personal information go the SCAM sales companies.I always bring that up when I am in Cabo and its like seeing a deer in headlights.They always state they had no idea and they would ask about it.I never hear from the people at the resort that stated they were checking into it.I actually did have a low call rate in 2016 and 2017,but at the end of 2017 and now into 2018 I have yet again began receiving even more calls(sometimes 2-5 a day).I tell them not to call anymore in a very mean tone and they are like the Villa Group they cant understand plain english.I am stuck with what to do except to hang up on them.

• Simmons April 2, 2018, 12:39 pm

This company is a huge SCAM.. High pressured my senior parents to buy, high maintenance fees, paid to try and sell their time share , and you can't book and get a spot . AVOID VILLA GROUP TIME SHARE !!

• Dot JMarzo 22, 2018, 11:08 pm

I bought my timeshare in 2005. I have not been back since I bought it. A couple years ago I got several calls from a lady saying she was with the Attorney General's office & they found a bunch of sales contracts in some guys cars. According to her, an employee of Villa Del Palmar, Cabo, sold these sales contracts to this guy, for purposes of fraud. She wanted me to forward my contract to her to show what I paid & that I was entitled to compensation, when they prosecute the employee & the guy with the contracts. She sent me emails asking for the contract. I never did anything, as I didn't believe her. Today, I got a call from a guy saying his company is investigating. Has anyone else received these calls & subsequent emails? Below is a copy of today's email.

An implement has been establish by Lic. Enrique Peña Nieto Presidente de la República
    Mexicana along with his administration to stop organize crime, (En materia de reforma fiscal por
    decreto).
    For this reason SEIDO (Subprocuraduría Especializada en Investigación de Delincuencia Organizada)
    in conjuntion with the Mexican state Government are targeting corruption that has lured vacation
    investment owners into being victims of their own decisión without knowing.
    According to Article 67 de La Constitución Política de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos, states that
    “no foreigner should be deny to file a petition for restitution”; furthermore la Ley General de
    Victimas Article 67 section 2 declares that in order for a foreigner to be compensated there needs
    to be a defended charge for the accusation and/or an approved restitution federal form from our
    “Juzgado Noveno de Distrito en Materia Penal” en el Distrito Federal appointed by a federal
    agent/attorney represanting plaintiff(s).
    Expectancy are as follow:
    In order for an attorney/agent from SEIDO Administration to conduct such procedure and work
    proactively and in a timely matter on the plaintiff(s) claim we will need full cooperation from the
    plaintiff(s) so there will be no misconception towards plaintiff(s) case. It´s important to note that all
    information that is forward to SEIDO Administration its delicate and kept confidential for security
    purposes. SEIDO Administration and the federal government are aware of internal leak of
    information within the government system, to avoid any of these events or mishap we ask from the
    plaintiff(s) to keep this strictly with SEIDO Administration. If you wish to proceed you´ll need to sign
    the authorization form and forward it back to SEIDO Administration so a legal representative can
    contact you to follow protocol.

SEIDO Administration
    Av. Paseo de la Reforma #211-213
    Col. Cuauhtémoc Deleg. Cuauhtémoc.
    Distrito Federal C.P 06500
    Tel.+ 52 (554) 169 – 7235
    [E-mail]

• Lesa J BoothFebruary 12, 2018, 9:16 am

My daughter has a timeshare. I think y'all should get together and hire a lawyer

• MikeFebruary 11, 2018, 10:44 am

Buyer beware!!! Once they got your Monet you are forgotten. We bought 13 years ago, marketing told us we got the best offer we could get. Until the following years Marketing introduced different levels of ownership, now when we even reserve a room a year in advance we have been banished to the bowels of the resort. Our rooms have no view, they tell you to come back at 9:30 the next morning to ask for a better room, we did this for the first four days of our three week stay. We gave up begging for a better room view. We had a three week stay looking at a palm tree. Buyer beware

• MikeFebruary 5, 2018, 6:12 pm

The membership doesn’t mean anything in room assignment. I have been a member since 2005. Each year, it seems, marketing comes up with another layer in membership. Presently there are three layers of “ELITE” Membership. I would envision them coming up with a layer called “Chosen ones”. Promising 2 ply toilet paper in every bath. If you are an “ELITE” you will have to pony up another $10,000 - $30,000 if you don’t you will relegated to one ply. SAD. Buyer beware.

• SueJanuary 17, 2018, 10:34 am

How to get out of a contract if it is less then 20 days?

Share your timeshare experience Your E-mail and phone number will not be displayed