Timeshare Trade: A possibility to travel all over the world?
During timeshare presentations, people are frequently told that it is possible to travel around the world when buying a timeshare. Although this is not always a lie, the stark truth is that doing a timeshare trade is easier said than done, in fact, there are many timeshare owners who have never been able to achieve a timeshare exchange. Learn more about timeshare trades and how they work.
A timeshare trade is basically a one-time exchange for a different timeshare resort. As with Real Estate; location is the key when it comes to timeshares, especially if you want to exchange your property without difficulties. To do so, you need to own at well-known timeshare companies, which must be located on a destiny that has a high year-round global demand, such as Cancun or Los Cabos.
Lots of families buy a timeshare with the expectation to travel all over the world. Unfortunately, a timeshare trade requires plenty of research into every possible exchange location before getting one done. This process can be extremely difficult and people give up on it.
Timeshare Exchange Companies
Timeshare Exchange Companies are Associations that specialize on doing timeshare trades. These companies allow you to exchange your fractional ownership with other timeshare owners. The cost to be a member a timeshare exchange company is about $100 per year.
A large network of resorts are affiliated to them, and one very important thing to find out before buying a timeshare, is if the resort is affiliated to an exchange company, and which one it is. These companies offer unique benefits and services.
The two largest timeshare exchange companies are:
- RCI (Resort Condominiums International): This one is the world largest timeshare exchange company. It has over three million members around the world and close to 4000 affiliated resorts. It was founded in 1974.
- II (Interval International): It was founded in 1976, and is the second largest timeshare exchange company on the world. It has more around two million members and over 2,500 resorts are affiliated to it
Types of timeshare trade
A timeshare trade can be done in different ways; these are the three ways to exchange your timeshare ownership:
- Direct exchange: This is the most basic way to do a timeshare exchange. A direct exchange is when you swap your property owner to owner. To do a direct exchange, you need to find someone who is willing to swap his week for yours. You can list your timeshare for exchange at several websites such as RedWeek and TUGBBS.
- Exchange through the Resort: There are many timeshare resorts that have an exchange program, but most of them allow this only with their specific group of hotels, and they will probably charge a trading fee to do so.
- Exchange through a timeshare exchange company: To do an exchange through a timeshare exchange company, the resort must be affiliated to one of them, and you also need to pay for the membership fee. This is probably the easiest way to do a trade, as these timeshare trade companies allow you to announce your week with them, and you can also choose from their inventory of weeks that other timeshare owners have listed.
Something to be aware of is that a timeshare trade costs money and time. Trading fees and membership fees are always involved, plus you’ll have start with the process like a year earlier.
At Mexican Timeshare Solutions, we specialize on cancelling timeshare contracts. Timeshare cancellation is the real solution and is the most effective and secure. When properly cancelling a timeshare, there is no further strings attached to the resort.
At MTS, our goal is to assist timeshare purchasers who feel they were scammed or taken advantage of by fraudulent salespeople and deceptive sales practices. As specialists in the timeshare industry, we are committed to offering timeshare help in a fast, friendly and experienced service to clients.
Contact us today for a free consultation and get rid of your timeshare as soon as possible! You have nothing to lose, except your timeshare!
Information to share
If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?
- Follow us on Facebook
- Share this link http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/161-timeshare-trade/ on your favorite blogs and forums
Leave your comment below and share your opinion with us.To know more about timeshare scam victims visit: