Home » Resort Black list » El cid Resort Timeshare Complaints

El cid Resort Timeshare Complaints

El Cid Resorts, El Cid Vacations Club, El Cid Moro, El Cid Castilla, El Cid Marina, El Cid Cozumel, El Cid Marina Cancun.

El cid Resort Timeshare Complaints
  Legal Name:
El Cid Vacation Club S.A. de C.V.
  Resort sales locations
Mazatlan, Cancun, Cozumel.
  Resort collections
Resort Communications, Inc (RECO), San Diego CA; Textron Financial Corporation
  Rental Companies:
Phoenix Vacation Property Management, Platinum Exchange Services Corp.
Hotel Representatives:
Rui Veloso, Jesus Osuna, Benjamin Goon, Enrique Huerta, Luis Felipe Rodriguez, Olivia Avila Rojas

Common Complaints:

• Salespeople offer clients false promises of discounts on airfares, cruises, car rentals etc.
  • Salespeople claim that the points have more value than they actually do for exchange purposes.
  •  Clients are sent the full contract on a CD to their home address. They do not receive a full copy to review and decide whether or not they want to cancel within the 5 day rescission period allowed by Mexican Law.
  • Salespeople offer to resell a previously owned timeshare or take it over in trade so that the client is only responsible for the maintenance fees for the new timeshare. This never happens.

El Cid Resorts Mazatlán

011 52 (998) 872 8999

El Cid la Ceiba Hotel de Playa
Toll Free
01 800 670 32 77
Phone
011-52 (987) 872 08 44

Leave your comment below and share this post on Twitter and Facebook if you like.

Write your complaint
Read what other timeshare scam victims say:
297 Complaints
  • Paola MartinezJune 16, 2017, 4:52 pm

Igual que todos ustedes sorprendida por la cantidad de estafas, en mi caso me enviaron una carta donde dice que no puedo hablar mal de ellos en ninguna red social y hacer malos comentarios públicamente, pero ellos me han estado, no quieren devolverme el dinero que cancele y no he disfrutado.

• TeeJune 7, 2017, 1:10 am

My husband and I purchased an ElCid timeshare in Mazatlan a few years ago. We were allotted 300,000 points with VIP status. Our decision to purchase was because our salesperson assured us it would ultimately be a financial investment, because once we reached 3 years of being ElCid timeshare owners we would then be able to contact ElCid to rent out our timeshare for us, at our request. Our salesperson person told us that they could guarantee that our timeshare would be rented out because they routinely have to turn away customers because no rooms are available. Our salesperson person said we would automatically receive a check at the end of each year that we requested ElCid to rent out our timeshare. Our salesperson went over our contract with us and we dutifully signed and initialed as directed. We questioned the clause about the rules for renting out our timeshare, and our salesperson assured us that didn't apply to us, as all contracts they use state the same policy, but not to worry because since we were VIP it did not apply to us. We thoroughly enjoyed our stays at ElCid, and stayed there often. We never requested ElCid to rent out our timeshare since we preferred to continue returning to ElCid on an annual basis. My husband and I now regret that we did not request ElCid to rent our timeshare. On July 21, 2013 we agreed to upgrade our timeshare to 600,000 points, VIP, all-inclusive. Again, we were told by our salesperson it would be an investment. The salesperson told us that after we owned the ElCid timeshare for 3 years, we could contact ElCid and request them to rent out our timeshare. Our salesperson said we would receive a check for $10,000 dollars at the end of each year that we allowed ElCid to rent out our timeshare. Again, our salesperson assured us that as VIP members we could do this, despite what our contract stated. I should mention that this salesperson was not the same salesperson that sold us our first ElCid timeshare. We never suspected that we were made a false promise because we had received the same false promise from our previous salesperson. Well, on Monday, June 5th, 2017 I decided to call ElCid and request that they rent out my timeshare. I was informed that the contract my husband and I signed clearly stated that ElCid does not offer that service. I explained that we are VIP, and both salespeople from both of our ElCid timeshare purchases assured us that ElCid would rent our timeshare and pay us $10K at the end of each year we agreed to allowing ElCid to rent our timeshare. The membership relations representative repeatedly answered my concerns by replacing that it was in my contract, and he would gladly email it to me. I told him I had the contract. I explained the verbal agreement made by both salespeople at both of our ElCid timeshare sales meetings. Still I received the same response. I asked to speak to my salesperson, but was informed he no longer worked with ElCid. I then stated that 5 adult members of my family attended the sales meeting with my husband and I, and each of them would be able to provide a signed affidavit that the were witnessed to our salesperson giving us a false promise. Furthermore, I stated that since this happened to me on 2 separate purchases, I suspect that it is a regular practice, and that I would do some investigative research to locate past and present ElCid Timeshare owners who had the same experience, therefore, I could prove ElCid made this a common practice. Finally, the membership relations representative offered to have my concern looked into, and I would be contacted on Wednesday, June 7th, 2017. I'm skeptical that they will really contact me. Today, I emailed a request to timesharescam.com and am eagerly awaiting their reply. I will post an update as this saga continues.

• Anabel JimenezMay 22, 2017, 11:25 pm

If anyone knows of good lawyer in Mexico that deals with this kind of fraud, please email me. They send us a letter to sign in order to terminate the contact, but after carefully reading the letter it was for their benefit only. Crelogix is a sister company that operates with El Cid. We were told that they provide the financial support for El Cid. They are also coming after us for money for El Cid. So they are both claiming that my 2 week in Mexico should be like buying an apartment in the US. We need to stop these individuals from taking money from innocent people like us.

• DickApril 14, 2017, 3:20 pm

Sales people tell nothing but lies! Best not to go to ElCid Run,Run, Run as fast as you can out of the sales office.

• Oscar Mauricio SantosApril 5, 2017, 3:48 am

Hola, acabo de comprar un programa de estos pero veo que tiene muy malos comentarios, me gustaría ver qué opciones tengo para cancelar

• Veronica CoronadoMarzo 27, 2017, 9:45 am

Is there any way to stop EL CID and get our money back?? I also bought last year and now I want to make reservations and ends up I still have to pay 1,680.00. The time share is worthless, I have asked what does the time share cover then? They claim they pay for accommodations, but I still have to pay for all inclusive fees, so I asked to put me somewhere that doesn't offer all inclusive... well behold they cant find any. ITS SAD THAT THE STOLE MY DOWN PAYMENT A HALF A YEAR OF PAYMENTS. With all that money, I could have gone on a trip across the globe without any timeshare.

• ValeriaMarzo 26, 2017, 2:30 pm

Pesimo servicio, la membresia que te venden es totalmente un fraude, en nuestro caso llevamos casi 4 años y solo hemos podido usar el tiempo compartido en una sola ocasión, nunca tienen disponibilidad, llevamos años queriendo cancelar la mebresía pero parece que es imposible, estas personas de el cid son unos rateros !!!

• MarthaJanuary 19, 2017, 8:33 pm

I bought the timeshare in August of 2016 and like everyone , i was promised easy access to hotels any where I wanted. It's been almost 2 months trying to make a reservation. I was forced to find a hotel my own hotel at a cost of $3000 dollars. False promises (don't fall for it).

• Jorge TorrejonDecember 2, 2016, 3:07 pm

ALGUNO LE ENCONTRÓ SOLUCIÓN PARA REALIZAR LA FINALIZACION ANTICIPADA LO CUAL ES LO QUE DESEO REALIZAR LO MAS PRONTO POSIBLE NO ES BUENO DEJARSE ESTAFAR DE TAL MANERA POR ESTA CADENA HOTELERA

• Ximena November 6, 2016, 10:39 pm

Puedo decirles con seguridad que el cid es una estafa en cuanto a las membresias que te venden, realmente nada es cierto ! de verdad alejense de este resort y nunca vayan a ninguna de sus presentaciones de tiempo compartido , nosotros buscamos la cancelacion INMEDIATA, no podemos seguir pagando un solo centavo a estas ratas

Share your timeshare experience Your E-mail and phone number will not be displayed