Home » Blog » Global Golf Connections:A fraudulent way to spend money at Grand Mayan

Global Golf Connections:A fraudulent way to spend money at Grand Mayan

Global Golf Connections:A fraudulent way to spend money at Grand Mayan
05 Jun 2012
Autor Admin
Rating: 4.9/5 - 7

Rental and resale timeshare companies are getting more creative every day. Learn the new trick from these companies to lure vacationist to spend their money into a "money making machine" called Global Golf Connections. Learn their trick so you do not fall for their fraudulent speech.

Timeshare awarness in Global Golf Connections.

To all those people who own Timeshares at Mayan Palace be aware of the new scam being used by this company. They are announcing a way of renting out the weeks that will not be used by owners to golfers. This service is called” GGC (Global Golf Connections)” they claim to specialize in finding golfers to stay in their resort, play in their clubs and buy their extra weeks. They do all this to make the deal more attractive for buyers to purchase a a new Mayan Palace timeshare.

w33AtQti8nE

Reality in Global Golf Connections.

This is a lie, they don’t have golfers waiting to rent timeshare weeks. This "rental company" will take the money they charge upfront and will only list the timeshare week for far more than it will ever rent for, and that will be the last time the timeshare owner will ever hear from them. They have no intention of renting the timeshare, otherwise Global Golf Connections would not charge an upfront fee.  Be aware of any new advertisement or promotion that these places might offer you, they are all  scams and no will not deliver on the promises that are made to you at the time of purchase. This is a common ploy used by timeshare sales people. The sales people lure people into buying by telling them they can rent their extra weeks for big bucks. it's just not true.

Many of these "rental agencies" will state they do not require annual dues or commissions from the property owners. They allege a MP owner can list as many weeks as wished. This is a false statement, they will charge upfront fees for the weeks that are supposedly being rented; they make their money from the upfront fees and commissions that will be billed to you. Mexican regulations forbid offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer; this includes the rental of a timeshare.

Recomendations

In order to protect yourself, avoid any person who approaches you inviting you to a free breakfast and a tour of the resort that you are staying at. This is the way they will attract your attention by offering free tours, gifts and many more prizes.  Avoid them altogether because once you fall in their trap they will find a way of convincing you to purchase a timeshare no matter how unnecessary it is.

If you feel you have been misrepresented into buying a fraudulent timeshare contract, contact us at Mexican Timeshare Solutions (MTS) for your free consultation on how you can get rid of your timeshare.

MTS does not charge any upfront fees. MTS is a results-based organization that works hard to protect and fight for consumer rights. MTS does not have any relationship with timeshare developers and excellent success rate in cancelling timeshare contracts and recovering timeshare owners’ money. Our experts work on a 100% contingency basis, meaning, if our Associates cannot cancel your timeshare contract successfully, you do not pay us a penny.

If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?

• Share this link http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/88-global-golf-connections/ on your favorite blogs and forums

Leave your comment below and share your opinion with us. To know more about timeshare scams go to: Grand Weeks VIP: timeshare Resale Scam

Leave your comment below and share this post on Twitter and Facebook to prevent others from becoming victims of timeshare fraud.

• MilagrosDecember 23, 2013, 10:15 am

una mas... gracias por mantenernos informados de esto, todos deberian saberlo y asi no ser parte de estas estafas

• FelipeSeptember 22, 2013, 6:28 pm

Lo único que les interesa es vender. Deberían de mejorar las regulaciones y ponerles mas sanciones a las empresas fraudulentas por tiempo compartido

• MonicaSeptember 16, 2013, 12:05 am

Debemos rechazar cada una de sus ofertas, y todos esos regalos, muchas personas piensan que no los podran convencer, pero despues de todo terminan cediendo, lo mejor es no tener ningun tipo de contacto con ellos

• FridaSeptember 16, 2013, 12:01 am

me impresiona la capacidad de esta gente de engañarnos, de hacernos creer cualquier cosa para comprar todo lo que nos ofrecen, incluso meterse con los intereses de las personas para lograr lo que quieren, impresionante!!!!

• RicardoSeptember 15, 2013, 11:59 pm

Mayan Palace, siempre inventando cosas nuevas para estafar mas gente, son una verguenza

• Jeremy StabileSeptember 2, 2013, 2:12 pm

I have started a timeshare with the Mayan Palace with the sole intention of using GGC to rent out my weeks to help pay for payments associated with the time-share. I have signed up with the Preferred membership (additional fee) around March/April 2013. To this date nothing has been rented nor any positive results while using the Mayan membership at all. Are you saying that you indeed was successfully able to get your weeks rented using GGC membership? If so, how long did it take for it to rent?

Every time I call them they keep giving me excuses that they are over-whelmed or RCI took most of their spots for a few months thus they are backlogged… and my weeks will be rented in a few weeks etc… and it is tiresome and I feel they are milking me and telling me what I want to hear without any results at this point. I feel that both GGC and the Grand Mayan are scamming me but my main issue at this point is GGC's program not working especially for a preferred member and for a company that claims to have such a high rental rate and "shortage" they shouldn't be having problems renting them out. Any thoughts or advice you or anyone can give me? Should I pursue a refund/reconciliation of some kind or am I being paranoid?

• gullibleJanuary 26, 2013, 9:52 am

This article is so very right on. We were given the number of Global Golf connections by our timeshare presenter. She said that our property, two suites at the Mayan Palace, could rent out for $700. This was so convincing to us in that this money would help us pay for our maintenance fee that we bought!! Dumb! She told us to contact Global in January. We did. This beginning a long, ugly process of phone calls not returned, money taken out of our credit card account without authorization, lies, promises to send e-mails, which were never sent, money said to be returned to our account via PAY Pal because the Mexican banks took such a long time. On and on and on. Ultimately I began to read web sites telling of this company. Global Golf said not to believe the web sites because they are just disgruntled customers. Disgruntled, yes.! Lied to, yes! Do not, do not trust these people. They will take your money without proper paper authorization. They will lie about the fact that the have rentals for your property even though the property has not been listed yet!! And they will sound sincere. They are good at what they do; getting your money. I was told that my money, because of a January promotion, would be refunded once the property is rented. And that's another catch: they have the money so why do they have to worry about the rental. Beware!!!!!!

• mxtravelerJuly 19, 2012, 9:34 am

Beware of the timeshare presentations at this resort. After saying no several times during the 4 hour presentation, we were presented with the investment aspects and rental income this resort would generate. Our "rep" actually wrote down on the explanation sheet for us that it would rent for $1,600 net maintenance fees. Upon returning to the states of course we found this to not be true in any way, shape or form. They materially and intentionally misrepresented the facts to generate a sale. I'm sure if I needed a kidney he would have promised me one.

• acangarJuly 19, 2012, 9:08 am

I was upgraded from Grand Mayan to Grand Luxxe prior to its opening back in 2009, so I was supposedly offered a "pre construction" deal. The sales rep told me that the reason they were offering this great deal was that they wanted my weeks back from Grand Mayan to offer it to Golfers in East Coast. On top of so many other lies including a dedicated Butler, limo pick up and drop off from airport he also guaranteed me that for every week they rented from my old Grand Mayan weeks, I would get $1000 credit to be used to pay for my future maintenance fees, plane tickets, credit for resort spending and many others. He guaranteed that I would have that credit in less than 6 months .... IT WAS NOTHING BUT LIES. that never happened. They also sold me on getting 6 weeks so I could rent at least 4 weeks a year and have a nice hefty income. Int heir own words, "WE WILL GUARANTEE BY APRIL OF EACH YEAR ALL YOUR WEEKS WILL BE RENTED". Again, to-date not even ONE WEEK has been rented. Truly I was scammed!!!!! Anyone else have experienced this?