Home » Blog » Canadian Family is Terrorized at Timeshare Presentation in Vallarta

Canadian Family is Terrorized at Timeshare Presentation in Vallarta

Canadian Family is Terrorized at Timeshare Presentation in Vallarta
30 Jul 2012
Autor Luis Fernandez
Rating: 4.0/5 - 5

Mexican Timeshare Solutions received an email earlier this month about a woman named Melissa who was on a vacation on the Pacific town called Puerto Vallarta. She wants to share her story on how she attended a timeshare presentation with her family for -what appeared to be a good deal- $300 Dollars in exchange.

The hunt

timeshare presnetaiton

The OPC (the timeshare promoters on the street) was on the boardwalk at the "old Vallarta",  he had a friendly approach and after some conversation with them, he convinced them to attend a timeshare presentation the following day.
The OPC showed up early next morning at the hotel gate they were staying at. They were given $100 US and the remaining would be paid to them at the end of the 90 min. presentation.

The arrival

Once we arrived, we gave our home address and credit card information to a lady, a project director and the sales manager. We were asked several times if we would be willing to invest money on a timeshare today before they even introduce us to the guy who was going to show us around.
Once we finally agreed, we were explained that this was not, in fact, a timeshare. -"you are entering an exclusive condominium tower sold only to potential residents looking for retirement soon.

The sales presentation turned into 4 hours, after we declined 10 times their offers, the salesman told us he would get a cab for us to take us back to the resort we were staying.

Another man approached us and asked to donate our gift to a nonprofit organization as they needed the money more than we did. "You are traveling to Mexico and these kids have no food you know..." the man said.
My husband said to them: "Don´t make promises you can´t keep. I know that money is going to your pocket!"

Either way, the man didn´t pay the $200 US promised and refused to call for a cab. When my husband, asked for an explanation, the man told my husband that he would use that money to bribe police so we would spend the rest of our vacation in jail. We started walking out the building.
He came after us and started yelling profanities in front of our daughter; he wouldn't allow us to leave the premises until we signed a release form assuring we were given $300 US. My husband looked at me and signed.

lX_5q0sA6NU

The lie

Once we were going down the hill, a pickup truck pulled next to us; a large man got off and grabbed my husband by the shirt and told him to give him back the $100 US he was given earlier otherwise he would die and us would end up in prison. "I work for the police" he claimed.

My husband handed over the money; we were scared to death by now.
We finally found our way back to the resort with the help of a taxi driver. We stayed at the resort the rest of our stay.
This experience eliminated the word fun to our vacations to Mexico. I don´t think we´ll ever go back.

This story happens everyday in Mexico. Many vacations are ruined by unscrupulous people who want to sell timeshares the hard way. If you purchased a timeshare and would like to terminate your contract, contact Mexican Timeshare Solutions for a free consultation on how they can help you cancel your timeshare and recover the tranquility you need.

Mexican Timeshare Solutions works under a contingency basis, no results, no pay.

Information to share

If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?

• Share this link http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/93-timeshare-presentation-vallarta-canadian-family/ on your favorite blogs and forums

Leave your comment below and share your opinion with us. To know more about timeshare scams go to: Timeshare Rio Off! timeshare scams on the Rise

Leave your comment below and share this post on Twitter and Facebook to prevent others from becoming victims of timeshare fraud.

• Benny KassJuly 11, 2014, 2:21 pm

I found a broker who was willing to take the time share off my hands for $3,000. Is this the only other way to rid oneself of this burden? By paying money to give something away?

• Benny KassJuly 11, 2014, 2:21 pm

• Ms. TinaJune 12, 2014, 11:29 am

I have had to endure the presentations 3 times over the last 5 years for discounted vacations. I say go for it if you have to but be very careful, if you are easily swayed or convinced they will pounce and pounce really hard. The contracts are legally binding.

• Ms. TinaJune 12, 2014, 11:29 am

• Desert RoseMay 29, 2014, 8:57 am

We recently attended THE most unprofessional time share sales pitch of all time. Only 2 of the villas were complete, the rest was a concept based on piles of sand and small holes in the ground. My husband, who is in construction management, noticed loads of faulty work and errors in the building process that was taking place. They tried to sell us 1 week a year for $30,000!!!!

• Desert RoseMay 29, 2014, 8:03 am

• TonyA_saysMay 20, 2014, 8:01 am

I actually say NO to the free meal so I would not have to say NO again later.

• MichelleMay 7, 2014, 1:37 pm

I would never buy one. They don’t seem like a good investment at all.

• Ronald HernandezMarzo 26, 2014, 11:34 am

I'm in interested in acquiring the services in this company. But i would like to know what guarantees that the service you do are a 100% accurate. I mean I don't want another ripped off from another company who is in the business of timeshare(I'm not saying this company sells timeshare but you are into this business against it). What if the company cannot find a solution to my problem, and for a year I haven't pay the mortgage fees, the timeshare company will increase the interest rate plus I have to pay penalties? It's beautiful what your saying about having a 100% money-back guarantee. But what we are looking for is a solution for the timeshare. We just want to get out, I personally want to get out after realizing that the mortgages fees and maintenance are killing. I don't know if there is a solution to these but I just don't want to go foreclosure and destroy my credit history. Help me out on this please

• GiovannaMarzo 13, 2014, 2:29 pm

I went to a timeshare presentation and they scared me too, they're so rude and they'll never take a "no" for answer