Home » Blog » Is timeshare a good investment?

Is timeshare a good investment?

Is timeshare a good investment?
Autor Admin
Rating: 4.6/5 - 5

Plain and simple: No, timeshares are a purchase and are not a financial or real estate investment. Learn how people are trick into thinking that timeshares are a growing asset. Timeshare is a good investment only if your purpose is to have a place to  spend your vacations and not as a financial investment to have a profit.

We received a call a few weeks ago about a recent timeshare purchaser that was invited to a presentation while on vacations and bought a $20,000 USD villa for one week yearly. He asked us is timeshare a good investment?

Timeshares need to be looked up as a purchase and not an investment. Regardless of how timeshares are presented, they don´t perform as well as a house or stock investment. If you look around the resale market for timeshares on websites like EBay, Redweek, or TUGBBS will find that you can buy a timeshare for far less money than what the first owner purchased it for.

MOsTHac0QM4

This is an answer for your question "is timeshare a good investment?" here we show you a few of the reasons why timeshares are not a strong financial investment are:

• Many timeshares are a right to use, they have an ending period so their value decreases trough time.
  • There are maintenance fees, property taxes and other annual costs associated with the purchase of a timeshare.
  • Timeshares are not attractive properties and prove of this is that resorts need to offer incentives to attend a timeshare presentation.

An friend´s advice would be to be cautious before making a purchasing decision.

Better yet, don´t buy these apply to you:

• You love going back to the same place over and over again and are flexible as to the time of the year you travel.
  • You trust the managers of the property that they´ll perform a great maintenance to your property and your maintenance fees will be well spent.
  • You have extra money to spend and don´t mind buying a timeshare for $20,000.00 USD and selling if for a dollar (if lucky).

I have friends who have a timeshare at Mayan Palace and seem to enjoy it. They know their best bet is to go back to their properties and avoid their sales presentations. I asked them recently if they believe it was a good investment for them and reply to me: "it´s paid for, gotta use it. Right?"

At Mexican Timeshare Solutions we strive to give back freedom to people who purchased timeshare under the wrong reasons such as the financial investment spiel. Call us for a free consultation on how we can help you cancel your timeshare contract. Remember, our service is risk free as we work based on results so you do not waste any money paid up front.

Information to share

If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?

• Share this link http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/58-is-timeshare-a-good-investment/ on your favorite blogs and forums

Leave your comment below and share your opinion with us. To know more about timeshare scams go to: Sell Timeshare Scam

Leave your comment below and share this post on Twitter and Facebook to prevent others from becoming victims of timeshare fraud.

• LorenaDecember 15, 2014, 5:53 pm

Definitely i dont think that are a good investment, because with time the value decreases so fast..so only for enjoy a while its ok , timeshares dont have the enough potential

• The Travel FoolOctober 7, 2014, 11:14 am

I saw them when I was there and also in Cancun. Just like the ones in Vegas, I ignored them. I don’t want to waste any of my travel time looking at timeshares.

• Carl smithSeptember 23, 2014, 7:26 am

I just walked away from a presentation and refused to buy in. No question about it they seemed pissed.

• IsabellaSeptember 12, 2014, 2:37 pm

Please help I need help in drafting a letter to say I’m giving my timeshare back as I was mis-sold it and I need to know how to word it, I have just had my first letter threatening to take me to court because I haven’t paid this years maintenance

• IsabellaSeptember 12, 2014, 2:37 pm

• BetzabethAugust 26, 2014, 10:26 am

Buy timeshares is never a good idea. But for those who really feel they need one I make one recommendation: Never buy from the developer. Always wait for timeshares to appear on the secondary market, usually at half-price. People like you get excited at the new developments and jump right in, only to become disillusioned later and dump the property onto the secondary market, at a loss, for a patient, informed buyer to take advantage of.

• krantcentsAugust 15, 2014, 11:01 am

I never did understand a time share! If I want to vacation there, it is much cheaper to just go and get a hotel. No long term contract and expense obligation.

• krantcentsAugust 15, 2014, 11:01 am

• LinaPawlakJuly 30, 2014, 11:33 am

Getting a timeshare is not an investment, and that's what people should understand first. Buying a timeshare is not an option. Not even in the resale market. They come with maintenance fees and more expenses, if you take a look at sites like ebay or redweek you'll see many owners are selling the units even for less than 1 buck!!
    Timeshares don't worth it