Home » Blog » Is timeshare a good investment?

Is timeshare a good investment?

Is timeshare a good investment?
25 Nov 2009
Autor Admin
Rating: 4.6/5 - 5

Plain and simple: No, timeshares are a purchase and are not a financial or real estate investment. Learn how people are trick into thinking that timeshares are a growing asset. Timeshare is a good investment only if your purpose is to have a place to  spend your vacations and not as a financial investment to have a profit.

We received a call a few weeks ago about a recent timeshare purchaser that was invited to a presentation while on vacations and bought a $20,000 USD villa for one week yearly. He asked us is timeshare a good investment?

Timeshares need to be looked up as a purchase and not an investment. Regardless of how timeshares are presented, they don´t perform as well as a house or stock investment. If you look around the resale market for timeshares on websites like EBay, Redweek, or TUGBBS will find that you can buy a timeshare for far less money than what the first owner purchased it for.

MOsTHac0QM4

This is an answer for your question "is timeshare a good investment?" here we show you a few of the reasons why timeshares are not a strong financial investment are:

• Many timeshares are a right to use, they have an ending period so their value decreases trough time.
  • There are maintenance fees, property taxes and other annual costs associated with the purchase of a timeshare.
  • Timeshares are not attractive properties and prove of this is that resorts need to offer incentives to attend a timeshare presentation.

An friend´s advice would be to be cautious before making a purchasing decision.

Better yet, don´t buy these apply to you:

• You love going back to the same place over and over again and are flexible as to the time of the year you travel.
  • You trust the managers of the property that they´ll perform a great maintenance to your property and your maintenance fees will be well spent.
  • You have extra money to spend and don´t mind buying a timeshare for $20,000.00 USD and selling if for a dollar (if lucky).

I have friends who have a timeshare at Mayan Palace and seem to enjoy it. They know their best bet is to go back to their properties and avoid their sales presentations. I asked them recently if they believe it was a good investment for them and reply to me: "it´s paid for, gotta use it. Right?"

At Mexican Timeshare Solutions we strive to give back freedom to people who purchased timeshare under the wrong reasons such as the financial investment spiel. Call us for a free consultation on how we can help you cancel your timeshare contract. Remember, our service is risk free as we work based on results so you do not waste any money paid up front.

If you liked this article, please help us to share this information to more people in order to avoid more timeshare scams victims, how?

• Share this link http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/58-is-timeshare-a-good-investment/ on your favorite blogs and forums

Leave your comment below and share your opinion with us. To know more about timeshare scams go to: Sell Timeshare Scam

Leave your comment below and share this post on Twitter and Facebook to prevent others from becoming victims of timeshare fraud.

• charlesApril 15, 2014, 2:49 pm

I wouldn't buy a timeshare, not even for a buck!! Timeshares are a purchase and not a financial or real estate investment, even if it's a resale. You'll have to pay all the annual fees and could get into a big debt. Learn how people are trick into thinking that timeshares are a growing asset.

• VioletApril 15, 2014, 2:18 pm

Is there an answer to getting rid of a timeshare? Mine is paid for but I am still paying maintenance fees. I have never used it. What happens if I just stop paying the fees? Does anyone know about TransferAmerica? They claim to be able to help you get rid of timeshare and fees.

• Sarah KellyJanuary 14, 2014, 2:01 pm

This was an extremely helpful article. I came into it knowing nothing about the Time Share process and I have a much keener sense of the subject now. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

• Tamy TurneyJanuary 3, 2014, 11:30 am

I wish I had never bought a timeshare. I bought from Shell Vacations Club. I feel trapped because the timeshare is paid off, but the yearly maintenance fees are very high (over $1000 per year), and if the fees aren't paid in full within 45 days, they add on 33% additional fees. The supervisors there are so smug and unhelpful, simply stating there is nothing they can do about it, and that I signed a contract.
    When I do try to use the timeshare, there is never any availability and I have to "trade" for a substandard hotel that I would not choose to stay in if I were booking one myself. I would advise people to steer clear of timeshares and just stay in nice hotels that they have booked themselves. It is less expensive in the long run, and much more pleasant as there is no mercenary business practices, such as with Shell Vacations Club.

• Lazy ManDecember 9, 2013, 1:48 pm

I have to look at the fees, but I think they have to be accounted for fairly carefully and disclosed to owners… like condo fees. I could be wrong here and to be quite honest don’t have the time or the motivation to research this in any detail. I will leave it as an exercise to the reader.

• Alberto DekkayraldoNovember 27, 2013, 10:38 am

Timeshares go by many names and many disguises. It's similar to calling a scam something else, like a hoax, a con or a scheme. A timeshare is also called vacation ownership, a holiday club, a vacation club, multi-ownership, a destination club or fractional ownership.

• JennyNovember 25, 2013, 9:06 am

• AbrahamNovember 8, 2013, 1:26 pm

A timeshare is a depreciating asset and you will almost always lose money on them (think of the value of a car the minute you drive it off the dealer lot). While there may be reasons to get a timeshare, investment should never be the reason

• LorenzoOctober 6, 2013, 5:24 pm

Timeshares are not "worthless." They are worth what someone will pay for them, just as they always have been. A timeshare is nothing but an entitlement to, what, two weeks a year at some resort? Okay, what is that worth, taking into account the maintenance fee and the estimated market for that sort of thing? I myself would be willing to pay maybe a couple of thousand bucks for one. I find it hard to believe that some people once valued them at ten or 20 times that much, but the fact is that people did. I'm sure if the price is low enough, supply and demand will work properly and find buyers for all those supposedly "worthless" timeshares. A couple of thousand dollars is NOT zero.

• RichSeptember 13, 2013, 3:20 pm

The most important advice is for a consumer to simply use common sense.. If it sounds too good to be true- it is! Timeshares do not appreciate in value!